Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sophia and Barry, please come swing with me


By Dakota Brezinski
Six-year-old


For many days and many nights at recess, when we get to play, I have chosen to swing on the second swing, next to Sophia Gonzalez. She smells like our bathroom nice-smell-spray. I swing next to her for twenty times at full kick, and then I go play with the basketball. I play with the basketball until the recess lady, Bertrice, tells us it's time to go in for art class. (I don't like art, because Mrs. Washington doesn't like me. I probably shouldn't have put that frog I found in her hair. And that worm in her coffee. Tanner made me do it.)

I have done this so many times, it is probably a Mason Area Kindergarten record for swinging and then playing basketball at recess. Maybe tomorrow I will break the record. Maybe I will not. It depends. I will post my decision on my Web site.

Sometimes people ask me if I am ready to be a record-holder, but usually these people are actually just me. However, when they ask, they want to know what has allowed me to pursue this record. Is it steroids? Is it amphibians? Is it simple hard work and dedication? I don't know. Or maybe I do. I will post my findings on my Web site.

Sometimes I think people don't like me because I'm black. Or because I have a family to take care of. Or because I am a threat to history. Or because I am the greatest ever at something. Or because the media is simply out to get me. This is what I explained to Mrs. Washington when I told her I would not be cutting snowflakes today. She told me to sit in the corner. I went outside. They called Daddy. I told them they would not be treated kindly on my Web site.

I want brownies.

I don't think people understand why I wear my giant knee and elbow brace to school every day. They ask if I'm OK, but of course I'm OK, I'm greatness. These are things that help me, because I have a long injury history. They are not designed to give me an advantage.

I NEVER DID STEROIDS ALL RIGHT? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TRYING TO BRING ME DOWN? FINE, YOU GOT ME. YOU FINALLY GOT TO ME.

I yelled that out loud just now. The stupid media is always trying to bring me down. But I am mentally strong, so I will be okay. Sophia Gonzalez, I love you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home