Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ode to Bode


By Marv Blackstone
Editor-in-chief


I decided I should probably watch the Olympics, since I sent that loopy-haired black man to Italy to cover them. But I can't understand him now that he's there, his syntax is poor, and he's always talking jiveback to me on the phone. It was a mistake to empty the tin can for him, I tell you.

I was excited to hear of this Bode Miller, skier supreme. He comes from the woods and does his job while drunk. In other words, he's me, but 25 years younger.

But you already knew that.

He grew up eating nothing but berries, he skies while drunk, his parents were hippies, he is a media bad-boy, he has plentiful endorsement deals, he has his own website, he grew up on $600 a year, he skies recklessly like a blindfolded cowboy on meth riding down the mountainside on a drunken horse in a driving Oklahoma thunderstorm. He also fucking sucks.

After failing to live up to expectations in his first Olympic run, he was disqualified today for straddling a gate. Agate? What? That means he's either crashed or been disqualified in six of his last eight races. That sort of failure chaps my balls.

I expected so better from you, Bode. You disappoint. Much like the time I was promised a date with Farrah Fawcett and it turned out to be Rosie O'Donnell. And then she was a lesbian. And wouldn't bring her friends. And completely dominated me. And then stole my shoes. And then punched me in the face repeatedly until I couldn't see for three weeks. Yeah, Bode's kinda like that.

Now, Bode, get off of my damn television screen and come on up here to Montana so I can piss in your corn flakes.

Other flotsam

I got a new dog. I won't shoot this one ... there's a hole in my stomach for some reason ... Did you hear that, Fred? ... Deion Sanders retired? I didn't know he still played baseball ... Tony Kornheiser on Monday Night Football? Howard Cosell must be really pissed right now. Or dead ... I ate nine cans of cream of mushroom soup yesterday ... When Bode Miller chaps your balls, chapstick doesn't fix anything ... Why doesn't the DMV give out free toasters anymore? ... Cream of mushroom soup gives me awfully fierce gas ... Dick Cheney shot me once, then told me to go fuck myself ... Cranberry juice and green beans aren't all they're cracked up to be ... That Sasha Cohen is whirling dervish of a wet dream ... My new mouse is wireless ... I kissed Chevy Chase on a dare once ... If you invented the color magenta, I want to shake your hand ... Tiddlywinks ... Someone take this penguin out of the room ... Spring training is coming up soon and I like the smell of dirt ... Ray Lewis doesn't want to play in Baltimore anymore, but I'll take him on my team any day ... Jerry Seinfeld noticed something once, and told me ... I could eat macaroons for the rest of time ... Dwayne Wade doesn't really look like a Wayne ... that Ron Artest sure can defend ... Peyton Manning's face is shaped like a chicken nugget ... stop fiddling with my toes ... is that Olympic torch still burning?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home