Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can't wait for the big game

By David Harrison
Avid Sports Fan


I tell you, nothing gets me more fired up than college football. I love the way that the players play for the sheer love of the game; I love the school spirit and the thousands of screaming students; I love the way snare drums rattle around the stadium on Saturdays. Everything about college football just gets me going.

To me, it's a far superior sport to the NFL. The NFL is polluted with corrupt management, angry coaches and players who misbehave more often than they score touchdowns. The purity is gone, and that's what I truly enjoy about the college game. You can color me a huge, huge fan.

I can also say that I am eagerly anticipating the BCS Championship Game, between Ohio State and LSU. I can't wait to see how the Buckeyes respond to having a long layoff, and I'm really excited to see how Les Miles plans to unleash his high-powered offense. If I was forced to choose who would win, boy, I don't even know if I could do it. Both teams play such quality football, and they're a joy to see as they take the field.

Hey, that reminds me, when is the national championship game?

I haven't heard much about it lately, and none of my friends seem to know what's going on with it, either. Now that it's coming up on February, I feel like the game should have already been played. They didn't already play it, did they? No way. A rabid sports guy like myself would never miss a barnburner like this.

Every day, I check the TV listings to see when the game is going to be televised, and I don't find anything. None of my frequently-visited websites seem to mention it, either. This is all very baffling.

If anyone can tell me when Ohio State and LSU are going to play in the National Championship game, please do. This is going to be something I don't want to miss.

I can't wait.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home