Saturday, January 21, 2006

When two people love each other very much, they share it in a very special way


By Dakota Brezinski
Six-year-old


Sometimes Mommy and Daddy fight, but I never get too worried. Tanner says what happens next is "predictable," where Mommy moves in with Gramma for a couple days, Daddy takes me to school late and I miss the first five minutes of morning reading, and then Mommy comes back and says she’s sorry and Daddy says he’s sorry and five weeks later, it starts again.

But first, Mommy and Daddy wrestle.

I don’t know if the guys from the Boston Red Sox, Larry Lucchino and Theo Epstein, will wrestle, but it sure does seem like the same thing as Mommy and Daddy. Larry said Theo leaving has brought them closer together and they will never, ever fight again. But Mommy and Daddy always say that, and I think Theo Epstein will someday get angry and cry and throw the vase I made in art class at Larry and then stomp out. But he will be back. It’s predictable.

Look at what Theo said in the paper! "Larry and I like each other. As with any other working relationship there are complexities, there are ups and downs." I think this happens right before they wrestle.

The Red Sox are so much like my Mommy and Daddy. One day Mommy got a purse at St. Vinny DePaul’s and she really liked it even though it was an ugly red and smelled like Uncle David’s house. I think other people had used it first, but she loved that purse. Then, one day, I was painting pretty pictures, and I spilled the black paint on it. There were stripes all over it and Mommy was so mad at me. She said it was her favorite purse in the whole world even though it was not her purse for very long, and she was mad for a long time at me. She wouldn’t let me watch SpongeBob for three days.

This is what the Red Sox people are like after Johnny Damon left. He wasn’t theirs since forever, but they thought he was the bestest, and then he got stripes all over him and people were mad.

Then, one day Daddy spent waaaaaaaaayyyy too much money on a new speedy-bike, which made Mommy get mad and she left for a while. The bike broke. Daddy said if he had read the consumer report magazine, he would have seen that the bike was not very good in the first place. This is like what happened when the Red Sox spent 3 million for one year on Guillermo Mota, who does not have pretty hair like Bronson Arroyo.

Now, Larry and Theo are having a fight, but now they’re happy for a few more days. Tanner says this will help the Red Sox "go all the way again." Which is also what Daddy says happens when Mommy comes home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home