Sunday, January 08, 2006

Five things that I'm feeling right now


By Curtis Woodward
Fabulous


1. Ooooh, Patriots!
They sure did come through yesterday against the Jaguars. I've always been a big fan of the boys in blue and silver (and not the Cowboys!), ever since Thomas took over behind center Dan Koppen (a real beefcake from Boston College!). They're just irresistible to watch, and I can't help but root, root, root for them to win! And nothing is better than blowouts like yesterday, where we get to see plenty of shots of Thomas standing on the sidelines with his trademark, boyish grin on display. Mmm, mmm. He knows all about the Super Bowl, and I know all about the Super Blow. Toot toot! I think we're a match made in heaven.

2. Speaking of heaven, I had the opportunity to watch the Minnesota Timberwolves the other night on TNT. Aside from the giggles that Sir Charles Barkley provides me every time I tune in, I got to watch some good, ol' fashioned roundball action. While the cameras seemed awful concerned with the dunking-the-basketball-antics of Kevin Garnett, I found myself completely drawn to sharpshooting guard Wally Sczerbiak. He scored 24 points, most of them coming from a beautiful, smooth, slick mid-range stroke. He has enjoyed a career year up in the Land of 1,000 Lakes in 2005, and I only hope it continues for him.

3. Special delivery! Tonight is the second slate of the NFL's first round of playoff games –- and it features none of than my favorite NFL running back, Tiki Barber! I can't wait to curl up in the Curtis Cave tonight with my favorite blanket and a big bowl of kettle corn to watch him come out of the backfield. First of all, that name is just a joy to say (and scream!) whenever I'm speaking or thinking about him. And second, he just has the nicest brown eyes of anyone I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Too bad that he has to wear that darn safety bar across his helmet (insert angry face here!), which covers up his best features. Well, maybe not his BEST feature! Hey now!

4. Earth to Manny Ramirez: Hey slugger, make up your mind! I love your fun hair and crazy personality, but this scribe thinks it's time you either put up or shut up. First you say you want to be traded, then you say you don’t want to be traded. Then you want to play out on the West Coast (who can blame you?!) and then you say Boston is the place for you. Then you tell me to call you sometime, and then you don’t answer any of my calls! Which way are you going to go? Grrrrrr ...

5. Is it just me, or has the national media overreacted to the college football championships? It gets so much coverage, but no one ever remembers who wins each of these bowls. I mean, who won last year's FedEx Bowl? Bet you have to go and look it up! I must say that I did watch some of the games, because I can never turn down a good sports match. I was sad to see my two favorite signal-callers, Matt Leinhart and Brady Quinn (this column is about the Brady bunch, eh?!) lose their big games. Though I don't understand all the attention paid to Brady's sister dating that lineback from The Ohio State University. The camera was on her 24-7 and she is not even that cute. I think someone I know could give her a few makeup tips –- because honey, your face is not a barn door, so don’t cover it like one. Zap!

That’s all for now, my readers. Until next time, stay saucy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home