Monday, April 28, 2008

I want to be a reverend, too

By Dakota Brezinski
Seven-year-old

I like David Vobora, even though he is from Idaho. I don't like potatoes, and they are from there. I bet David Vobora eats a lot of them.

David Vobora is a linebacker, and he was the very last pick in the NFL Draft yesterday. He is Mr. A-Reverend! I think that means he gives lots of speeches about Jesus and doing unto others.

Not only is he Mr. A-Reverend, but he also gets to to go California for a week, all because he was the last pick in the draft! MICKEY MOUSE LIVES THERE! And also, there are earthquakes, which are really scary! The Mr. Reverend at our church says they are caused by men who like other men. I wonder what Mr. A-Reverend thinks about that.

Last week, when we played kickball, I was picked last and that made me sad. I am really good at kickball the other kids don't like me, and nobody wants me on their team because I try to kick home runs all the time and always end up kicking it back to the pitcher. I also kick kids in the privates when I am playing first base and they run by me on their way to second base. I cried. Then I told them some things that I heard my daddy say to the neighbor once, and they called mommy.

But David Vobora was picked last and people love him! He has to play for the Rams, which is stinky, but I think it is nice that people want him to be happy. Sometimes when you are young, things are different than when you are old. Maybe being last in kickball is bad now. But in the future, people will like me because I am last! Mr. A-Reverend says the last shall be first and the first shall be last! Yay.

I don't know if David Vobora is any good at football, but someday I hope he comes to talk at our school about how cool it is to be Mr. A-Reverend, and he can play kickball with us. And then I won't be the last one anymore.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home